Preferred COG: Dom
- "Running away won't help! I'll just shoot you in your asses!"
- — Dominic Santiago
Dominic "Dom" Santiago is a COG soldier. Dom was the younger brother of Carlos Santiago and son of Eduardo Santiago and Eva Santiago. Born in a Pre E-Day Sera, he grew up listening to his father's war stories and going to school with Carlos and Marcus. Dom later joined the army as a commando and took part in Operation Leveler. Years later Dom freed his best friend Marcus Fenix from Jacinto Maximum Security Prison and recruited him into Delta Squad. His battlefield intensity is rivaled only by his loyalty to Marcus. Dom's friendly and outgoing nature lets him form relationships with factions throughout Sera, including the Stranded. He's always quick with a joke, but Dom's amiability masks an inner conflict that makes the war against the Locust far more personal.
- "...So, what are we doing tomorrow?"
- — Gears 1 Ending
- "I don't 'hang out' with them, dickwad. I'm looking for somebody."
- — To Baird, on Stranded and his search for Maria
- "I remember you still owe me 20 bucks."
"Oh yeah? See me after the war."
- — Marcus Fenix and Dominic Santiago, on Thrashball
- "Dammit! Not again! I've lost her again! Arrgh! God Dammit!"
- — Dom's angry reaction when he lost Maria again
- "Maria! Maria! Hun I love you!"
- — Dom's first words to Maria in 11 years
- "You've seen this woman, name's Maria."
- — Dom asking Chaps if he has seen Maria
- "I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry Maria! I love you so much!"
- — Dom saying his last words to Maria
- "I want to kill them all."
- — After Maria's death
- "Aww... ain't that cute."
"Like two assholes on their first date."
- — Augustus Cole and Dominic Santiago, on Marcus and Baird's bickering
- "This is gonna be awesome."
- — After hearing Delta Squad will be meeting up with Colonel Hoffman
- "If something happens to me... promise me you'll look for Maria."
- — Conversation with Marcus before seeing Skorge for the first time and boarding a Grindlift
- "But I'm Dom. I'm a good guy. I don't threaten women, This isn't me, honestly."
- — Dom's inner thoughts during interrogating Debrah Humbert.
I have never played gears of war but I read the books and comics.