The Savage Grenadier was a Locust Drone that appeared around 18 months after the Sinking of Jacinto. They are Drones that reverted to primal ways, have become tribalistic, are much more aggressive and use primitive weapons and charge at their enemies like barbarians.
Post-Operation: Hollow StormEdit
With the Locust Horde's home "the Hollow", being flooded, some Drones became separated from the remnant of the Horde, reverting to their feral stages. The Savages either rebuilt new tunnels under the surface or lived in the former homes of the Serans. 
Savage Grenadiers, like the rest of the Savage Locust, are not directly affiliated with the Locust Horde and no longer loyal to the Queen. Unlike the normal Grenadiers, the Savage Grenadiers have no limited themselves to the use of one weapon like the Gnasher, they use a range of weapons, including the Hammerburst II, Mk 1 Lancer and Sawed-Off Shotgun.
Battle on Centennial BridgeEdit
The Savage Grenadiers were first encountered by a small Gear Squad led by Augustus Cole as they crossed the Centennial Bridge. The Grenadiers had used the ruins of the bridge to build a new home. They also created several Multi- Turrets made off some joined Retro Lancers around the bridge and made use of very powerful One-Shots and Incendiary Grenades.
Crossing the DeadlandsEdit
To get to Anvil Gate, the only remaining COG settlement that has resources to crack A2897, the gears had to cross the Seran Deadlands, where the main Savage Locust stronghold was located, the humans fought an horde of Savage Grenadiers along with other Savage Locust.
Siege of Anvil GateEdit
Legions of Savage Grenadiers were at the fore-front of the Locust attack on Anvil Gate.
Mission to MercyEdit
At Mercy gas-station several Savage Grenadiers tried to prevent the gears from leaving the town, they were eventually burned and killed when Dominic Santiago sacrificed himself to save the rest of Delta.
Mission to Halvo BayEdit
When Damon Baird and his squad returned to Halvo Bay they encountered a large number of Savage Grenadiers amongst other Locust, inside the city and tried to stop them from getting a boat to reach Azura.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- The Savage Grenadier made its first appearance in Gears of War 3.
- The Savage Grenadier also introduced an execution where it ripped off a Gear's arm off and beat him to death with it in the E3 2010 demo.
- They are of the few Locust that do not appear in Horde 2.0.
- Savage Grenadiers are playable in Beast Mode as a Tier 3 Beast at the cost of $1050; they are quite useful because of their bolo grenades that can clear large amounts of enemies and fortifications and their gnasher shotgun to kill nearby enemies and can be revived by the two classes of kantus, however the savage grenadier is still vulnerable to barriers and automatic plasma sentries which can stun and kill him.
- Before the fans knew its true name they called him "rhinoceros locust"
- ↑ Gears of War 3
- ↑ http://gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2010/05/28/The-Enemies-Of-Gears-3.aspx
|Locust Horde (Queen's Guard, Savage Locust)|
|Berserker · Boomer (Butcher, Flame Boomer, Grinder, Mauler, Mauler Elite, Savage Boomer, Tremor) · Drone (Beast Rider, Bolter, Cyclops, Flame Grenadier, Grappler, Grenadier, Grenadier Elite, Gunner, Hunter, Hunter Elite, Miner, Palace Guard, Sniper, Spotter, Theron Elite, Theron Guard , Theron Sentinel, Savage Drone, Savage Grenadier, Savage Grenadier Elite, Savage Hunter, Savage Marauder, Savage Theron) · Kantus (Armored Kantus, Savage Kantus) · Rager|
|Bloodmount · Brumak · Corpser · Digger · Gas Barge · Heart Leech · Hydra · Kryll · Leviathan · Mangler · Nemacyst · Reaver · Riftworm · Rock Worm · Seeder · Serapede · Shibboleth · Shrieker · Siegebeast · Tempest · Ticker · Torture Barge · Wretch|
|Imulsion · Lambent Berserker · Lambent Brumak · Lambent Drone · Lambent Drudge · Lambent Gunker · Lambent Leviathan · Lambent Polyp · Lambent Stalk · Lambent Wretch|