Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Not you. I know what happens when you let an angry chick loose with a mechanical loader."
- — Baird replying to Sam's excitement after seeing the loader
The mechanical loader was the civilian industrial-grade exoskeleton variant of the Silverback, designed to lift heavy cargo - for example, crates of supplies, or a submarine's rotor. They were controlled by a single pilot. Because of its small size, they are ideal for places where Forklifts would be too large to operate.
Evacuation of IlimaEdit
- "Not as good as a Silverback, but it's somethin'."
- — Barrick commenting on the Loader Zeta-Six finds in the construction site
During the Evacuation of Ilima, the members of Zeta-Six tried to make there way to the Children's School of Hope to rescue any surviving civilians before the Kryll Storm hit the city. They passed through a construction yard in which they found their way forward was blocked by two Locust Drone Gunners armed with Troika Heavy Machine Guns, so they searched the site until they found a Loader inside a partially constructed building. Michael Barrick commented that he would have preferred to have found a Silverback instead, but decided on settling for the Loader. He then piloted the Loader out of the building by kicking down a closed gate. Once outside, he used the Loader to pick up a bulldozer bucket and carried it to the area blocked by the Troika emplacement. He used the bucket as a shield to deflect the bullets while the rest of his squad consisting of Minh Young Kim, Alicia Valera and Tai Kaliso followed behind while being protected by the Loader. They made it past the Troika emplacement and continued their way through the construction site.
Mission to HanoverEdit
- "Oh, nice! That's handy."
- — Sam upon seeing the loader
When Cole, Baird, Sam and Carmine went to Hanover in search of supplies, they broke into the derelict supermarket. They fought their way past the Lambent into the Store room, but their route was blocked by a locker. After discovering a Loader, Cole uses it to move the locker to find a crate of food. Cole picks up the supplies with it, and calls in KR Seven-Zero for a "Grocery Evac". The Raven's pilot called for assistance because the pick up zone was crawling with Lambent. The small team cleared the area protecting the loader and its cargo at the same time, before dropping it off at the helicopter.
- "Lets grab it with the Loader...!"
- — Marcus about to pilot a loader.
During Delta Squad's journey to Endeavor Naval Shipyard to find a submarine, they fought past the Locust to get to the Maintenance bay, coming across a ship's hull in a state of repair. They are attacked by Grubs defending the position. They push through and find the rotor they need on its deck. Marcus grabs it with the Loader and takes it through doors that can only be opened by the Loader's presence, leading to a small bridge leading to the CNV Adamant's hangar. They are attacked by the Locust, including a Reaver. Marcus puts the Loader behind cover to protect it. They clear the area and take the Rotor to Dizzy to mount it on the Submarine.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Early concepts of the Loader show it as being a bit more similar to its weapon carrying brother. It kept the heavy leg armor, had a larger chest plate, and had bigger arms.
- It has the same melee attacks as the weaponized Silverback. By pressing "B", it stomps, killing all surrounding enemies. And, when unloaded, it can punch with its right claw.
- When you first encounter the mechanical loader, Baird states to Sam, "Not you. I know what happens when you let an angry chick loose with a mechanical loader." This is a reference to the ending of the 1986 film Aliens.
- In RAAM's Shadow, where you battle through the construction yard, it is seen that loaders can be outfitted with a large shovel like those found on bulldozers, suggesting that they can be used in construction yards that are too small for bulldozers.