- "Lets grab it with the Loader...!"
- — Marcus about to pilot a loader.
The mechanical loader was the civilian industrial-grade exoskeleton variant of the Silverback, designed to lift heavy cargo - for example, crates of supplies, or a submarine's rotor. They were controlled by a single pilot. Because of its small size, they are ideal for places where Forklifts would be to large to operate.
Evacuation of IlimaEdit
Mission to HanoverEdit
- "Oh, nice! That's handy."
- — Sam upon seeing the loader.
When Cole, Baird, Sam and Carmine went to Hanover in search of supplies, they broke into the derelict supermarket. They fought they're way past the Lambent into the Store room, they're route was blocked by a locker. Cole uses the loader to move the locker to find a crate of food. Cole picks up the supplies with it, and calls in KR-70 for a "Grocery Evac". The Raven's pilot called for assistance because the pick up zone was crawling with Lambent, The small team clear the area protecting the loader and its cargo at the same time, before dropping it off at the Chopper.
After fighting past the Locust to get the Maintenance bay, they come across a ship's hull in a state of repair. They are attacked by Grubs defending the position. They push through and find the rotor they need on its deck. Marcus grabs it with the Loader and takes through doors, that can only be opened by the Loaders presence, leading to a small bridge leading to the CNV Adamant hangar. They are attacked by the Locust, including a Reaver . Marcus puts the Loader behind cover to protect it. They clear the area and take the Rotor to Dizzy to mount it on the Submarine.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- Early concepts of the Loader show it as being a bit more similar to its weapon carrying brother. It kept the heavy leg armor, had a larger chest plate, and had bigger arms.
- It has the same melee attacks as the weaponized Silverback. By pressing "B", it stomps, killing all surrounding enemies. And, when unloaded, it can punch with its right claw.
- When you first encounter the mechanical loader, Baird states to Sam, "Not you. I know what happens when you let an angry chick loose with a mechanical loader." This is a reference to the ending of the 1986 film Aliens.
- In RAAM's Shadow, where you battle through the construction yard, it is seen that loaders can be outfitted with a large shovel like those found on bulldozers, suggesting that they can be used in construction yards that are too small for bulldozers.