- "I'm on him. I'm on him. This Reaver ain't going anywhere."
- — Pvt. Dylan Murphy, shortly before being shot down and killed
KR Five-Nine was a King Raven unit in the Coalition of Ordered Governments Air Corps that took part in the Siege of Jacinto. It was piloted by Pvt. Dylan Murphy and was shot down in a dogfight over Jacinto Med.
Siege of JacintoEdit
- "Five-Nine, hold your fire. There are Gears and civilians in this building."
- — Marcus Fenix to KR Five-Nine, after being inadvertently fired upon
Fourteen years after Emergence Day, when the Locust attacked Jacinto Med, KR Five-Nine provided air support, alongside KR One-Eight, to COG ground forces, but nearly killed Sgt. Marcus Fenix when its left-side Chain Gun fired into a hallway where he was fighting Drones. Later, whilst pursuing a Reaver over Sector 4, Five-Nine was shot down, killing all aboard. It crashed through the ceiling of Jacinto Med, right in front of Delta-One. Marcus was able to recover the COG Tag of the Raven's pilot, Dylan Murphy.
- Pvt. Dylan Murphy: He was a new pilot, excited about flying his new Raven. He was killed when KR Five-Nine was shot down over Jacinto Med.
- Unidentified Female Gear: This Gear acknowledged Marcus' order to hold fire. She died when Five-Nine was shot down.
Finally got my own Raven, man, I'm totally stoked! KR-59. I like that number too... it's a lucky one. Five like a fist, nine like cats have lives.
Always told 'em I'd be flying up there, was getting sick of the infantry crap. Gets crazy down there, smells like hell, never get a shower or nothing. Up there, in the sky, I'm gonna soar, man... no one flies like me. Sarge even said so, and he's been fighting since... well, since forever, basically. Said I just gotta keep my eyes peeled for Nemacyst.
Locust better start saying their prayers...'cause they got a devil in the sky watching down on 'em.
Pvt. Dylan Murphy
- Gears of War 2 (First appearance)