- "I have discovered a way to end the war, once and for all."
- — Adam Jonathon Fenix, revealing the countermeasure's existence
The Imulsion Countermeasure Weapon was a targeted radiation weapon that could destroy all Imulsion cells in any living being. It was created by Adam Fenix to stop the Lambent Pandemic that was sweeping across Sera. Queen Myrrah hoped to use the weapon to save the Locust race and destroy both the Human race and the Lambent.
Meeting Adam FenixEdit
Four years before E-Day, Queen Myrrah of the Locust Horde contacted Adam Jonathon Fenix to construct a device that could wipe out the Lambent, who were killing the Locust underground. If he did not do this, she threatened to invade the surface and destroy the human race. Adam, always being locked in his study, was determined to find the answer. However, four years later, the Locust were dealt a serious blow in the Locust Civil War and had no choice but to invade the surface of Sera. Adam knew of E-Day, but kept it secret so he could continue his work on the project and avoid being executed.
Kidnapped to AzuraEdit
After Adam admitted the truth to his assistant, Nevil Estrom, he told Chairman Richard Prescott, who had Adam abducted to the secret island of Azura where he continued his research on stopping the Lambent and Imulsion which he realized was a parasitical organism and the cause of Lambency. Adam worked with biologists and other scientists on finding a cure to Lambency, but when that continued to fail, he started thinking in terms of killing it. Remembering what his wife had said about using radiation to kill cells infected with various pathogens at the University she worked at, Adam struck upon the idea of using radiation in some manner to kill Imulsion and began working on the weapon.
First Battle of AzuraEdit
After the First Battle of Azura, Myrrah was desperate and worried of the extinction of the Locust. Instead of killing everyone as she planned, she found Adam (who she believed was dead) and spared only him to continue his research. Adam found a way to use targeted radiation to kill Imulsion and all Lambent lifeforms, but while humans not severely infected wouldn't die, the Locust would due to their level of exposure (which was stage three, muscle pains and fevers). Adam wanted to help the Locust, however the Imulsion was reaching a critical point in its lifecycle. If Adam attempted to fix the weapon to make it harmless to the Locust, it would not work. Adam left his lab when the guards were changing shifts to compile his data. However, he was eventually caught by a guard and the guards around his lab were tripled.
Second Battle of AzuraEdit
- "Think of it as a neutron bomb without the blast, one that only kills Lambent cells... in all of us."
- — Adam Fenix, explaining to Damon Baird how the Countermeasure worksDuring the Second Battle of Azura, Marcus Fenix, along with Delta-One, found Adam and they escorted him to the roof of Pinnacle Tower. There, Delta fought off the Tempest so Adam could activate the weapon. They succeeded in defeating the Tempest with the Hammer of Dawn. However, Adam then revealed he too will die, because he injected himself with enough Imulsion that he too would perish. When asked why, he said he had to test the weapon first. He died, but not before telling his son to live his life and that he loved him. All of the Locust and Lambent were destroyed and Myrrah was stabbed by Marcus with Dominic Santiago's commando knife.
After the mass Locust extinction, Locust corpses began to form an impenetrable crystal shell around their bodies. They were dumped in mass graves underground. However, sometime around 42 A.E., the Locust had never died; they were presumably disabled for a long period of time, as some of these Locust managed to free themselves from their crystal shells. These Locust later became Scions, who served the Swarm. It is also shown that the weapon only destroyed the Lambent as all Lambent's organisms were vaporized by the weapon, unlike the Locust.
- ↑ Gears of War: Dirty Little Secrets Part Four (Diaspora)
- ↑ Gears of War: Dirty Little Secrets Part Six (No Hiding Place)
- ↑ Gears of War 3: Act V: Reckoning