Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This article is about the Real World
Hardcore is the standard level of the 3 difficulty settings in Gears of War. In this mode, enemies are accurate and have a considerable amount of health, however players can kill enemies far quicker than on the Insane difficulty level. This is considered to be the "true Gears Universe".
Hardcore allows less for fighting in the open, and the damage that enemies inflict and the effort that it takes to destroy them is increased. Damage is now reasonable, as you can be killed instantly by an explosive weapon (ex. Torque Bow), and melee attacks are almost instant-killers as well. This is recommended for more experienced players who have completed the main Campaign at least once on Casual (or at least feel comfortable enough to switch). A first time co-op playthrough will be just perfect on this difficulty.
Enemy health levels on HardcoreEdit
(Gears of War HP left and Gears of War 2 HP right)
- Drone - 550HP
- Bolter - 350HP
- Gunner - 700HP
- Grappler Drone - 500HP
- Grenadier - 550HP
- Flame Grenadier - 900HP
- Beast Rider - 900HP
- Sniper - 350HP
- Kantus - 2000HP
- Boomer - 2500HP
- Mauler - 2500HP
- Boomer - 2000HP
- Butcher - 2000HP
- Flame Boomer - 2000HP
- Grinder - 2500HP
- Bloodmount - 2500HP
- Theron Guard - 800HP-1350HP
- Palace Guard - 1500HP
- Wretch - 200HP
- Dark Wretch - 200HP
- Ticker - 50HP
- Nemacyte - 100HP
- Nemacyst - 25HP
- Seeder - 5000HP
- Berserker - 8500HP
- Corpser - 10000HP
- Reaver -1200HP (in air), 5700HP (on ground), 1000HP (driver)
- Brumak - 5000HP (body), 300HP (arm weaponry), 500HP (main gun)
- RAAM - 5500HP
Allied health levels on HardcoreEdit
(Gears of War HP on the left Gears of War 2 HP on the right)
- Marcus Fenix - 300HP-600HP
- Dominic Santiago - 300HP-600HP (AI 1200HP)
- Lieutenant Minh Young Kim - 450HP
- Anthony Carmine - 450HP
- Benjamin Carmine - 1800HP
- Augustus Cole - 450HP-1800HP
- Damon Baird - 450HP-1800HP
- JACK - N/A
- Victor Hoffman - 7000HP
Gears of War 3Edit
- AI now begin with a Roadie Run which matches the speed of the player's version.
- AI will evade attacks much more often and don't delay with their weapons compared to a Casual AI.
- AI spot enemies much more often, but not as much as Insane.
- AI will attempt to get themselves up rather than trying to get to an ally. Allies will also revive the target much faster.
- Along with this, they usually kill/execute enemies twice as fast compared to a Normal AI, shooting almost instantly at the downed target.
- AI will active reload much more often and use weapons much better. They will also tap the "B" button much faster when in a Chainsaw duel. They will also headshot more often if given a headshot-capable weapon.
- AI plant grenades.