- "Lights still on? Uh-oh! I'm just playing witcha."
- — Hanley, as he turns the lights on and off on Delta
Fourteen years after the events of Emergence Day, Hanley was stationed by Franklin Tsoko at Checkpoint Two. He drank heavily at his station, and one night Franklin radioed him to let him know that Sgt. Marcus Fenix and Cpl. Dominic Santiago were on their way to him so they could reach Aspho Gas Station. When they arrived, he told them good luck in getting there, since there were no lights to keep the Kryll away in between the Checkpoint and the station. When he said they were doomed, Marcus pointed his Lancer at him and wondered if that was true, causing Hanley to offer to run the lights in a building for them from the checkpoint. They left JACK with him so they could keep a comm link open between them. Hanley was fascinated by the flying "trashcan," and told them they could count on him. When Dom warned him not to screw up, he replied that it wouldn't matter because he would never see them again since they would be dead. He jokingly turned the lights on and off as they made their way through the building.
Operation: Hollow StormEdit
When Delta Squad encountered Chaps at Mount Kadar, he said that Franklin's outpost had been overrun. Hanley managed to survive the Locust assault on Franklin's Outpost, he along with Franklin and some other Stranded residents made there way to Jacinto City. While in Jacinto, he listened to Chairman Richard Prescott give his speech over a radio. While listening, Hanley watched as multiple Assault Derricks drove past the Stranded group on their way to Landown to begin Operation: Hollow Storm.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Hanley was voiced by Peter Jason.
- In the Gears of War 2 credits, his name is accidentally written as Hanely.
- In Gears of War 2 multiplayer, Hanley is one of the available meatflags in the multiplayer mode Submission, along with Chaps and Franklin. He wields a Gnasher Shotgun, same as the other two meatflags.