A Flame Grenadier was a Locust Grenadier armed exclusively with the Scorcher Flamethrower, and, like all grenadier classes, specialised in CQC. They were first encountered during the Evacuation of Ilima, and later Operation: Hollow Storm . Flame Grenadiers are also equipped with a backpack fuel tank that significantly increases the fuel capacity of the Scorcher.
Destruction of Halvo BayEdit
Evacuation of IlimaEdit
As Zeta-Six moves into the bowels of Ilima savings and trust, multiple Flame Grenadiers are present; as remarked by Michael Barrick that he didn't liked burning fire because it "reminded him of his divorce". Many flame grenadiers would later burn the cars within the parking lot Zeta-Six entered in and also attack the squad of gears.
Operation Hollow StormEdit
New Hope Research FacilityEdit
As Marcus Fenix and Dominic Santiago made their way out of the New Hope Research Facility to regroup with the rest of Delta Squad, the locust stormed the facility, flame grenadiers were of the first locust to attack. They blasted through a parting wall and tried to incinerate the two Gears. They were killed when Marcus managed to activate the circuity system and they were cut down by the sentry gun. Flame grenadiers continued to be encountered throughout the facility, (one was particularly killed by the incoming razorhail) and attempted to stop the two gears from leaving, however they were unsuccessful.
Infiltration of NexusEdit
Under Mount Kadar, Dominic Santiago and Marcus Fenix began to infiltrate the Locust Stronghold. Flame grenadiers were encountered defending the ancient ruins on the coast of the underground ocean. As they pushed deeper into the Hollow, they encountered another pair of Flame Grenadiers, along with a trio of Theron Sentinels, that rushed through a door the duo had previously opened, depite their best efforts they couldn't stop them from leaving. Another pair of Flame Grenadiers ambushed Delta when they arrived at the Locust "meal" that the Butchers were choping, although they tried to stop them, their efforts were thwarted. Another Flame Grenadier attacked the duo from a platform above them, they ignited his fuel tank and took down the hole platform, sending all Locust into some razor blades below them. Another Grenadier stood near the corpses of Lambent Grenadiers before being found and killed by Delta Squad.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- In the Campaign, when a Flame Grenadier is used as a Meatshield the backpack fuel tank and helmet is automatically discarded.
- While chainsawing a Flame Grenadier from behind, the chainsaw will tear straight trough the backpack fuel tank without igniting it.
- A good idea in horde is to kill them without setting off their fuel tanks. The corpse will still have the tanks attached, and can be used as an IED for later, if you can still see the tanks, as they occasionally die face up.
- There is no visible connection between the backpack fuel tank and the Scorcher.
- Like other Grenadiers and Grenadier Elites, the Flame Grenadier can be selected as a playable character model in Multiplayer.
- The Multiplayer Flame Grenadier model does not have the backpack fuel tanks and players using the Flame Grenadier model will not spawn with a Scorcher Flamethrower.
- The Flame Grenadier are playable characters in Gears of War 3 multiplayer, unlocked at level 26.
|Locust Horde (Queen's Guard, Savage Locust)|
|Berserker · Boomer (Butcher, Flame Boomer, Grinder, Mauler, Mauler Elite, Savage Boomer, Tremor) · Drone (Beast Rider, Bolter, Cyclops, Flame Grenadier, Grappler, Grenadier, Grenadier Elite, Gunner, Hunter, Hunter Elite, Miner, Palace Guard, Sniper, Spotter, Theron Elite, Theron Guard , Theron Sentinel, Savage Drone, Savage Grenadier, Savage Grenadier Elite, Savage Hunter, Savage Marauder, Savage Theron) · Kantus (Armored Kantus, Savage Kantus) · Rager|
|Bloodmount · Brumak · Corpser · Digger · Gas Barge · Heart Leech · Hydra · Kryll · Leviathan · Mangler · Nemacyst · Reaver · Riftworm · Rock Worm · Seeder · Serapede · Shibboleth · Shrieker · Siegebeast · Tempest · Ticker · Torture Barge · Wretch|
|Imulsion · Lambent Berserker · Lambent Brumak · Lambent Drone · Lambent Drudge · Lambent Gunker · Lambent Leviathan · Lambent Polyp · Lambent Stalk · Lambent Wretch|