|This article concerns new content for Gears of War 4.|
Information in this article may change often, as new features are announced by the developers.
Please be aware that any information added to the article should be properly referenced. If it is not, it is likely to be removed.
- This article is for the drones of the Swarm. For the Locust Drones, see Drone.
Drones are Juvies that have mutated inside a nest. They are tough and resistant soldiers who resemble the backbone of the Swarm's army. They usually use the Hammerburst II, though they use other weapons such as Lancers as well. There are several variations, each for separate purposes.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Like their Locust predecessors, they also speak in short phrases. Some of them are:
- The Drone is a playable multiplayer character for the Swarm in Gears of War 4, and has four unlockable character skins, excluding its Default skin: Color Blast, Festive, Onyx Gold, and Spectre. Its Festive skin is only available in the Gearsmas Gear Pack, and its Onyx Gold skin is only available in the Onyx Gold Swarm and Mystery Packs.
- During the Feral Horde Weekend in February 2017, three additional skins - Tiger, Cheetah, and Snow Leopard - were awarded by March 31st for completing 50, 100, and 200 waves, respectively, of Feral Horde.
- Gears of War 4 (First appearance)