- "Infantry, armor; artillery-we're all about guns, bigger guns, ships to carry even bigger guns, and aviation to support those guns and the Gears carrying them. We've never moved much beyond the model of the primacy of land forces; we've grown comfortable with the war: The time's coming when we'll need to work smarter; to develop aviation and maritime assets in their own right, and maybe even move onto the turf the intelligence community guards so jealously. We've got to be more flexible to be ready for whatever the future might throw at us. Because the next enemy may not think like us."
- — Professor Adam Fenix, addressing Defense Procurement Executives at a seminar at La Croix University
 The Coalition of Ordered Governments Navy (NCOG) (En-COG) was the naval arm of the Coalition of Ordered Governments military. For a time, the Navy lacked the necessary funding and attention during the Pendulum Wars, but a short while before Operation: Leveler, the efforts of Adam Jonathon Fenix, Kimberly Anders and others were able to convince the Defense Select Committee that the COG Navy needed as much attention and provisions as the COG Army. They were successful, and the Defense Select Committee provided efforts to get funding, attention, and supplies through various companies to the Navy. The COG Navy was crucial during Operation: Leveler, and made a significant diffference for the COG's victory during the battle, and the rest of the war. After the Pendulum Wars, however, the navy was downsized and mostly used for logistics needs, and was largely forgotten. Once again, the COG Navy was below the COG Army, but it was still able to retain many vessels past fighting age and used them during the evacuation of Jacinto City. Besides operating naval vessels, the Navy also operated Petrels and Sea Ravens to launch from their ships and their bases. The Navy also operated a Marine unit.
During the Pendulum WarsEdit
The NCOG had Fast Attack Craft, Patrol Boats, Landing Craft, Carriers, Amphibious Assault Ships, Destroyers, and Submarines as a part of their naval forces. One of their fleets took part in Operation Leveler during the height of the Pendulum Wars. Some of their main bases were Fesor Naval Base and Merrenat Naval Base. The NCOG also had special forces, such as the D-Flotilla which consisted of amphibious assault and special maritime units. The NCOG also had LCTs for amphibious assaults.
Since the Locust War is a ground war and supplies go towards the Gears, the Navy was left too despaired but was able to keep fleet formations along with civilians ships. During the evacuation of Jacinto, the navy was commanded by Alisder Fyne, and headed to Port Farrall. After the city was deemed too inhospitable for the remnant of the COG, Vectes was chosen as the new haven for the COG and the navy transported the remaining human population.
- "WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT, ANY VESSEL IN THE MEZ THAT CANNOT BE POSITIVELY IDENTIFIED AS AN AUTHORIZED FISHING BOAT, FREIGHTER, OR NCOG ASSEST IS TO BE ENGAGED AND DESTROYED, WHETHER IT PRESENTS AN IMMEDIATE THREAT OR NOT. A WARNING WILL BE BROADCAST ON ALL CHANNELS KNOWN TO BE USED BY STRANDED."
- — Cpt. Michaelson's orders to deal with Stranded supply vesselsAfter the COG relocated to Vectes, the navy operated out of Vectes Naval Base, and began patrolling the ocean around the island and protecting shipping vessels from Stranded attacks, as well as assisting in searches for missing vessels.
During the Lambent Pandemic, the navy defended the island of Vectes from attacks by the Lambent on the island and traveled to the Emerald Spar Imulsion Platform to help during the battle there, but only arrived in time to rescue the survivors. After finding a new source of Imulsion on Vectes, the fleet, which was quickly running out of fuel, was able to refuel. When the COG was forced to abandon Vectes and disband, the fleet was one of the many places that people settled, with the CNV Sovereign leading what was left of the navy. The Sovereign was eventually destroyed in a Lambent attack by a Lambent Leviathan. Later, during the Second Battle of Azura, the remnants of the navy arrived with a Gorasni fleet to help retake the island and finally defeat the Locust and the Lambent.
- Amirale Enka
- CNV Adamant
- CNV Centennial
- CNV Chancellor
- CNV Clement
- CNV Dalyell
- CNV Falconer
- CNV Fenmont
- CNV Fort Andius
- CNV Kalona
- CNV Merit
- CNV Pomeroy
- CNV Scepter
- CNV Sovereign (flagship during the Locust War)
- CNV Timgad (renamed Generale Egar Trescu)
- CNV Unity (Hospital ship)
- CNV Vale of Dane
List of Known NCOG Ship TypesEdit
List of Known Ship ClassesEdit
Fixed-wing aircraft and helicoptersEdit
Petrels were carrier-borne, tube-nosed, fixed wing fighter bombers, AKA Sea Birds. They carried two massive bombs under their wings which could create massive damage. It is unknown whether there were Air Corp variants.
- ↑ Gears of War: Aspho Fields pg 147
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Gears of War: Jacinto's Remnant
- ↑ Gears of War: Aspho Fields pg 108
- ↑ Gears of War: Aspho Fields pg 188
- ↑ Gears of War: Coalition's End pg 560
- ↑ Gears of War: Jacinto's Remnant pg 98
- ↑ http://majornelson.com/2011/10/04/gears-of-war-3-horde-command-pack-available-nov-1/
|Coalition of Ordered Governments|
|Military: Coalition High Command · COG Army · COG Navy · COG Air Corps · Engineering Corps|
Civilian: COG Merchant Navy
Government: Civil Protection Service · Council of Sovereigns · Defense Select Committee · Department of Conscription · Department of Health · Intelligence Agency · Defense Research Agency · COG Defense Department · COG Casualty Information Bureau · Ministry of Settlements
History: Alexiy Desipich · Nassar Embry · Allfathers · Austere Canon · Octus Canon · Fortification Act
Economy: Socialism · Coalition Reserve