Checkout is a multiplayer map in Gears of War 3 and Gears of War: Judgment, set inside a grocery store in the town of Hanover. It returns in Gears of War 4 as part of a free map DLC that Season Pass owners could play exclusively from November 1st, 2016. It became available to all players on November 8th, 2016, but is only available for private play if the Season Pass has been purchased or the map is separately downloaded.
You can start the fire alarm in the game by pressing one of the two Fire alarm buttons, one located on the left wall of the Home Goods spawn, the other one inside the Hanover Photo Center on the right side of the main wall. This nearly covers all the sounds made by the players, allowing them to approach enemies undetected more easily. However, the alarm can only be activated once per game.
After the alarm has been activated, players can gain access to the Fire Extinguisher. In the back room (top-center of the map), there's a pair of partially-open double doors. Destroying the box wedged in the door will reveal the fire extinguisher, which can be picked up like a heavy weapon. The Fire Extinguisher does no damage, but can be used for an execution, which is the same as the Hammerburst execution.
Behind the scenesEdit
- At the beginning of a game, the Gears of War music can be heard in the background.
- The Fire Extinguisher can be found on this map through the use of an Easter Egg.
- This map is based on the grocery store that Cole, Baird, Sam and Clayton Carmine salvage through in Act 1.
- Despite the layout of Blood Drive being altered for the larger game style of Gears of War: Judgment, the layout of Checkout remains the same.
- It is the smallest map without the Forces of Nature Map pack.
- Can be frozen by having a smoke grenade in your hand and pressing one of the three fire alarms.