- "You said your name was Carmine? You got a brother was a Gear?"
"Yeah, all four of us, well, three now..."
- — Dominic Santiago and Benjamin Carmine
In the Carmine family, military service was simply an expectation; they didn't do it for a sense of duty or honor or patriotism. Instead, they "simply loved to shoot guns, blow stuff up, and never turn down a knock-down, drag-out fight". At some point in time before Emergence Day, a member of the Carmine family set up a life insurance shop in the city of Halvo Bay near the Halvo Bay Military Academy. The sign for the store read “Carmine Family Life Insurance – Protecting the ones you love”.
The known members of the Carmines consisted of four brothers. The eldest member of the four children was Clayton Carmine, who was followed by Anthony, and then Benjamin. The fourth brother's name and age is unknown. The Carmine family cared greatly for each other, as shown by Clayton who immortalised his brothers in the form of two tattoos with both their names, done sometime after their deaths. While the fate of the fourth brother is unknown, Clayton survived the war and aided in taking down Queen Myrrah and her Tempest mount during the final battle. All three known Carmine brothers served in Delta-One during the war and each fought in one of the three pivotal battles of the war.
Fredo Carmine was an extended member of the Carmine Family. He was a cousin to the four brothers. He lived in the city of Halvo Bay and worked as a reporter for the newspaper Gears & Brains!. A short while after Emergence Day, he interviewed Colonel Ezra Pound Loomis about the Locust and his military career.
By 41 A.E., in the post-Locust War era, one member of the Carmine family had joined the village of Outsiders led by Reyna Diaz. This Carmine, whose first name and precise relationship with the Carmine family are unknown, manned one of the machine guns above the village's main gate. He was killed when a Condor dropped several DeeBee drop pods directly on the gate during First Minister Jinn's assault on the village.
Unknown Father--+--Unknown Mother -Fredo Carmine(Cousin) | | Anthony Carmine---Benjamin Carmine---Clayton Carmine---Fourth Carmine Brother
Main Family MembersEdit
- Main article: Anthony Carmine
- Main article: Benjamin Carmine
- Main article: Clayton Carmine
Extended Family MembersEdit
- Main article: Fredo Carmine
Behind the scenesEdit
- Rob Auten discussing about the Carmine family in Gears of War: Judgment: "But really we felt like their story had been told. We did have an idea I liked about the family elders. Next time." 
- In Gears of War 2, while training Ben Carmine he states that there were four Carmine brothers.
- ↑ Gears of War 3 BrandyGames Signature Series Guide, Page 8
- ↑ Gears of War: Judgment: Act II: Halvo Bay Military Academy: Enfield Bridge
- ↑ Rob Auten Twitter Message Conversation
- ↑ Gears of War: Kilo Squad: The Survivor's Log pg 62
- ↑ Rob Auten's Tweet
- ↑ Gears of War 2: Act 1: Tip of the Spear: Welcome to Delta