- "You said your name was Carmine? You got a brother was a Gear?"
"Yeah, all four of us, well, three now..."
- — Dominic Santiago and Benjamin Carmine.
In the Carmine family, military service was simply an expectation; they didn't do it for a sense of duty or honor or patriotism. Instead, they "simply loved to shoot guns, blow stuff up, and never turn down a knock-down, drag-out fight".  At some point in time before Emergence Day, a member of the Carmine family set up a life insurance shop in the city of Halvo Bay near the Halvo Bay Military Academy. The sign for the store read “Carmine Family Life Insurance – Protecting the ones you love”.
The known members of the Carmines consisted of four brothers. The eldest member of the four children was Clayton Carmine, who was followed by Anthony, and then Benjamin. The fourth brother's name and age is unknown. The Carmine family cared greatly for each other, as shown by Clayton who immortalised his brothers in the form of two tattoos with both their names, done sometime after their deaths.
Unknown Father--+--Unknown Mother | | Anthony Carmine---Benjamin Carmine---Clayton Carmine---Fourth Carmine Brother
- Main article: Anthony Carmine
- Main article: Benjamin Carmine
- Main article: Clayton Carmine
Behind the Scenes
- Rob Auten discussing about the Carmine family in Gears of War: Judgment: "But really we felt like their story had been told. We did have an idea I liked about the family elders. Next time."