The Boltok Pistol was the standard-issue sidearm of the Locust, specifically the Drones. The pistol continues the Locust weapon-design philosophy of creating weapons with an emphasis towards brute force.
It is a high-caliber, double-action revolver with a 6-round capacity, a side swing chamber and an enclosed hammer. It is heavier, slower to fire, and holds half as much ammunition as the COG-issue Snub Pistol, but does unequivocally more damage per shot and has exceptional stopping power.
The Boltok is used mostly by the Locust and can cause a significant amount of damage. The Boltok fires significantly slower than the Snub, but it packed an incredible amount of power. A single shot from the Boltok was capable of decapitating a target, a testament to its stopping power.
There were specific Drone types that wielded the Boltok. It was mostly used by the Bolter, a class of Drone exclusively armed with the weapon, but sometimes is also used by the Grenadier class, Theron or Queen's Guards. Even the famed General RAAM used the weapon to execute a COG prisoner in the Hollows.
It was soon adopted by many Gears in the COG, chosen for it's accuracy and power. Augustus Cole, Dominic Santiago, Clayton Carmine, and Victor Hoffman were just some of the Gears that used a Boltok as their chosen sidearm.
The Boltok can be zoomed in to achieve better accuracy on longer distance shots. Shooting enemies in the head 2-3 times will result in a headshot. If playing in Arcade or Horde 2.0 with the Super Reload Mutator on, then a single shot to the head of most enemies will instantly take their head off. This is a pretty good weapon to pair with a Boom Shield, a Meatshield, or a closer range weapon like the Retro Lancer.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- Instead of a damage boost, the Boltok's rate of fire is increased if a player achieves a perfect active reload.
- The execution of the Boltok is as follows: the user flips the Boltok, grabs the muzzle, slams the handle on the enemy's head, flips the gun again, and spins it around the finger.
- In the Gears of War 3 demo, it is shown that the Armored Kantus dual-wield Boltok Pistols. However, in the actual release, the Armored Kantus dual-wield Gorgon SMGs.
- The effect of the Boltok on enemies changes between between Gears 1 & 2. In gears one the kill shot 'Gibs' the target. In Gears 2 this has changed and the weapon only gives headshots. In Gears 3 however, the 'Gib' has been re-instated.
- In the first Gears of War, the Boltok's reload animation looks the same as the Snub Pistol.
- ↑ Gears of War official website
- ↑ Gears of War 2
- ↑ Gears of War: Act 3: Chapter 5: Tip of the Iceberg
| Weapons of Gears of War|
|COG||Mk 1 Lancer Assault Rifle · Mk 2 Lancer Assault Rifle · Gnasher Shotgun · Longshot Sniper Rifle · Snub Pistol · Bolo Grenade · Smoke Grenade · Hammer of Dawn · Chain Gun · Mortar · Longspear · One-Shot · Sawed-Off Shotgun · Incendiary Grenade · Molotov Cocktail · Rocket Launcher · Machete|
|Locust Horde||Hammerburst Assault Rifle · Hammerburst II · Boltok Pistol · Boomshot Grenade Launcher · Torque Bow · Troika Heavy Machine Gun · Gorgon Burst Pistol · Ink Grenade · Boom Shield · Mulcher · Scorcher · Digger Launcher · Butcher Cleaver|