- "Okay, people. We’ve still got grubs down there. Remember –they can come up anywhere."
- — A King Raven pilot to Baird’s new squad
Order of BattleEdit
The 4th Ephyra Light Infantry was being organized from Kosoly Barracks in central Tyrus to be inserted into the heart of Kinnerlake city to help hold it from advancing Locust forces. Thousands of Gears were already defending the city with Centaur tanks and APC's. Newly drafted Gear Damon Baird and volunteer Augustus Cole would see their first action in the city. Baird was "donated" from Bravo Company and Cole felt it was his duty to protect him, since no one else would. Before the Gears embarked on the King Ravens, Sergeant Iredell made sure every Gear was wearing his helmet before the assault.
The King Ravens landed in front of the mall district in the city, where troops were already assembled. As soon they landed, E-Holes opened up near the plaza and the COG troops opened fire on any Grub that emerged. The tanks already locked on their targets while Cole and Baird engaged the Drones individually. Baird ended up saving Cole's life from a Drone and the two soon entered a mutual friendship. The two would then enter the mall that was occupied with Grubs.
- ↑ Gears of War: Coalition's End pg 174
- ↑ Gears of War: Coalition's End pg 177
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Gears of War: Coalition’s End pg 179
- ↑ Gears of War: Coalition’s End pg 181