|This article, Ash Man, may require cleanup. Deploy Delta Team to East Barricade Academy and retrieve the data immediately!|
- "Griffin don't want no outsiders."
- — Ash Man to Delta-One, upon meeting for the first time in person
Not much is known about Ash Man, also referred to as Weasel by some of the Char Stranded, except that he was a Stranded in Aaron Griffin's community in Char, and that the other Stranded didn't seem to like him very much. He was one of Griffins lackeys, he covered himself with ash to blend in with the ash statues so he could set up traps throughout the city to ward off intruders without being spotted.
Encounter with DeltaEdit
- "Great view from up here, COG. You can see the mess you made of the city! Folks around here haven't forgotten the Hammer strikes."
- — Ash Man, while he and Delta Squad move up in the elevator
Ash Man was a Stranded who survived the Hammer of Dawn Counterattack. He then joined Aaron Griffin's group of Stranded to strive through the abandoned lands of Char. 17 years after the HoD Counterattack, he was told by Aaron Griffin that some COG Gears have arrived in Char. Ash Man was sent to plant traps for the Gears, but crates of polyps, falling pianos, two spinning turrets, and a crying baby trap didn't stop the Gears from following him. Soon, the Gears arrived at Griffin Tower, where they were attacked by the Stranded, and soon the Lambent. After the Gears were finished with the Lambent, Ash Man came down an elevator to pick them up. Soon after Griffin sent Delta-One on their way to the Imulsion Factory, Ash Man and the Stranded were attacked by Queen Myrrah's Tempest and her palace guards. He was killed along with all the other Stranded, except Griffin.
Personality and TraitsEdit
Ash Man served a dangerous role in Griffin's Stranded, because he was frequently sent down to the ground. To keep himself safe, he disguised himself as one of the dead ash people to hide himself from danger. He is obviously unliked in the camp, shown from how the other Stranded refer to him as "Weasel".
Behind the scenesEdit
- Ash Man was voiced by Dwight Schultz.
- Despite Aaron Griffin saying that he didn't like the dead ash people's remains being disturbed, a lot of the Ash Man's traps resulted in exactly that.